Director of Content
We started Primer so that sales and marketing teams can have the technological foundation and data flexibility to put their audience at the center of their go-to-market.
Our platform orchestrates multiple first and third party data sources to create the world’s largest B2B marketplace of unified and usable data. Customers leverage this wealth of data to build hyper-targeted audiences, which can then be activated in any destination – from CRMs to ad platforms.
In our first year we bootstrapped our way to $1M in revenue while working with the fastest growing B2B brands like Rippling. Verkada, Ironclad, and Brex. After that initial success, we closed a Series A round led by Craft Ventures and have only grown from there.
We are looking to hire a Director of Content who will be responsible for introducing Primer to as many members of our B2B marketing audience as possible through compelling storytelling.
They will focus on building a high-performing top-of-funnel engine, utilizing all content formats and channels, including but not limited to blogs, long form articles, videos, webinars, social media, and podcasts. To begin with, this will be an IC role reporting to our Head of Marketing, but we expect them to quickly build out a team as our business scales.
The ideal candidate will have experience building and managing content and social media teams for early stage B2B startups and a proven track record of producing results. They must also possess:
- Excellent storytelling skills: Should be able to construct compelling narratives and create accurate, well-written/well-produced content across all formats.
- The ability to be both empathetic + strategic: Should be able to quickly understand the world of the B2B marketer and create a coherent strategy to reach and engage them across channels.
- The ability to create a differentiated POV in a crowded space: Is able to hone in on – and effectively translate – the Primer POV as it relates to TOFU content.
- Sharp analytical skills: Should be motivated by the desire to hit goals. Should be extremely metrics- and analytics-obsesssed, constantly looking at results to optimize and iterate.
- Ambition; be a self-starter: Has experience building content strategies from the ground up, and can work effectively in a resource-constrained environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own, develop, and execute our content strategy, including but not limited to:
- Creating a content calendar across our Blog and Resources section, and regularly publishing content
- Iterating and innovating on content formats, channels and topics to reach our ICP
- Collaborating with our Demand Gen Lead to create conversion-focused assets
- Building a team of content creators and freelancers
- Own, track, and hit growth goals, including:
- Forecasting traffic and lead volume from organic sources
- Owning and executing our SEO strategy to ensure we’re capturing and converting search traffic
- Working with our Demand Gen Lead to ensure that we’re tracking against our revenue goals
- Own social media strategy:
- Execute and manage the content calendar on all our social channels (hiring accordingly as needed)
- Create an engaged community across key social channels
- Be a key contributor in our middle- and bottom- funnel content strategy:
- Develop a POV on the MOFU and BOFU content needed to convert TOFU visitors. (Opportunity to own this part of the content funnel over time.)
- Contribute to content creation as needed
- Get in on the ground floor of the rarest of companies – an early stage, high growth tech startup that already generates significant, sustainable revenue
- Our founders have a proven track record (Y Combinator, Dropbox, Lyric, Modsy, Eden)
- Learn and build skills every day by constantly working with all divisions of the company and very closely with our CEO (get a b-school education without going to business school)
- Our culture is rare. We have ambitious goals but in a supportive environment (most of the team has young kids, we’re diverse, and we support a flexible schedule)