This role is remote but requires either an overlap with EMEA or LATAM working hours.
Our product lets users join together disparate datasets, connect siloed marketing and sales SaaS tools, and construct automated “playbooks” for customer acquisition, leveraging the Modern Data Stack. The orchestration of these playbooks is complex and can only be done by mastering scalable APIs, ETLs, Reverse ETLs, distributed systems, and directed acyclic graphs (DAGs). We work with a modern technology stack (React/Node, Python) as well as cutting edge data technologies such as Prefect and dbt. Our systems processes terabytes daily and aim to provide sub-second response times to our customers’ queries and make batch processing behave like real-time.
After bootstrapping our way to almost $1M in revenue in our first year, Craft Ventures swooped in to lead our seed round in 2021 as we continued to demonstrate consistent 20.1% MoM growth. Early team members of Carta, Okta, Figma, Masterclass, Segment, Pilot.com, People.AI, and Skyhigh have also joined our investor network.
We are a small and dedicated, distributed team (~20 people), working on making advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to marketing and sales teams around the world. If you are fascinated by the software that power large technology companies such as Dropbox but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Primer might be for you.
What you’ll do
- Be the Single Threaded Owner of product/engineering initiatives under your purview.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and C-level to align the team with and execute against company goals.
- Manage a diverse and talented team of engineers based in EMEA (Georgia, Bosnia, Pakistan, India, Turkey) or grow the same in LATAM.
- Lead by influence first and authority second.
- Inspire by unblocking blockers and putting “hands on keyboard” when needed.
- Play a key role in attracting top talent, mentoring individuals and growing robust teams.
- Partner with CTO as thought leader for our current and future technologies.
What you’ll need
- 3+ years of hands-on technical management experience.
- 8+ years of relevant software development industry experience in a fast paced, high growth tech environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams.
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers.
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering.
- A passion for continuous learning and improvement (both at a personal and team level).
- Experience working with distributed teams and asynchronous ceremonies.
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a different sort of unicorn: an early stage startup focused on profitability with demonstrated, consistent revenue growth (20.1% MoM growth in 2021) that also provides a supportive environment for working families. Many of us have young kids and we prioritize work/life balance.
- Feel trusted. Our team is fully distributed, supports flexible schedules, and we spend 90% of our time outside of meetings. Fridays are meeting free. We value outcomes not face time.
- We invest in our team and catapult careers. We hope you’ll stay at Primer for a long time, but we’ll help you achieve your goals no matter what. Many people have gone on to top-tiered companies like WhatsApp, Facebook, and Tesla beyond working with our leadership team.
- We are proud to have attracted a diverse team from all around the world. Our current team is based in the United States, Bosnia, Georgia, Pakistan, India, and Turkey. 50% of our product/engineering team is women.
- Our engineering ceremonies and technology are world-class, put engineers in the drivers' seat, and emphasize transparency.
- Our founders have a proven track record inside of startups (Y Combinator, Wheelhouse, Modsy, Eden) as well as decades of industry experience from places like BlackRock and Dropbox.
- Our culture is high-achieving, genuinely kind, and collaborative.
BENEFITS (VARIES BY LOCATION)
- Fully distributed team and flexible, remote work
- Minimum 5 weeks paid time off
- Generous parental and family leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- New equipment and office stipend
- 401K with company matching
- Support for personal and professional development outside of work
- Annual team offsite (Paros, Greece in June 2022)
- Diverse and fun team
What is the interview process like?
We pride ourselves on being respectful of your time. Our interview process starts with an introductory call with CTO (30 minutes), followed by a single day of interviews (~3 hours) with a senior engineer, a product manager, and the CTO/CEO. We typically provide a decision within 24-48 hours, after speaking with your referrals, and aim to conclude the whole process within 1 -1.5 weeks, provided that it works with your schedule.
What do I do now?
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, please apply by email at email@example.com, and include your LinkedIn profile, CV, Github repos, or anything else that you think might give us a good sense of who you are.