Our product lets users join together disparate datasets, connect siloed marketing and sales SaaS tools, and construct automated “playbooks” for customer acquisition, leveraging the Modern Data Stack. The orchestration of these playbooks is complex and can only be done by mastering scalable APIs, ETLs, Reverse ETLs, distributed systems, and directed acyclic graphs (DAGs). We work with a modern technology stack (React/Node, Python) as well as cutting edge data technologies such as Prefect and dbt. Our systems processes terabytes daily and aim to provide sub-second response times to our customers’ queries and make batch processing behave like real-time.
After bootstrapping our way to almost $1M in revenue in our first year, Craft Ventures swooped in to lead our seed round in 2021 as we continued to demonstrate consistent 20.1% MoM growth. Early team members of Carta, Okta, Figma, Masterclass, Segment, Pilot.com, People.AI, and Skyhigh have also joined our investor network.
We are a small and dedicated, distributed team (~20 people), working on making advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to marketing and sales teams around the world. If you are fascinated by the software that powers large technology companies such as Dropbox, but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a working at Primer might be just the thing for you!
What you’ll do
- North Star: Activated users that fit ICP
- Build out growth programs from the ground up. We’ll give you all the existing data and experiments we’ve run, but it’ll be your call as to what you want to double down on.
- Drive awareness - increase site traffic
- Drive acquisition - increase website conversion
- Operate in sprints to increase conversion rates
- Partner with product on lead generation tools
- Own Conversion Rate Optimization
- Partner with Product Lead on user activation and Head of Sales on user conversion to opportunity
What you’ll need
- 2-3 Year experience in Growth and Analytics
- Startup experience
- Understanding of engaging our marketing community on Linkedin or other social channels
- Technical background (all are pluses):
- Extensive MarTech tool experience
You’ll succeed by having
- Experience analyzing existing user/channel data to provide insight for growth experiments
- Run A/B experiments in the past to constantly improve our growth programs
- Experience owning campaigns that drive awareness and user acquisition
- Being scrappy and energetic!
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a different sort of unicorn: an early-stage startup focused on profitability with demonstrated, consistent revenue growth (20.1% MoM growth in 2021) that also provides a supportive environment for working families. Many of us have young kids and we prioritize work/life balance.
- Feel trusted. Our team is fully distributed, supports flexible schedules, and we spend 90% of our time outside of meetings. Fridays are free of meetings. We value outcomes, not face time.
- We invest in our team and catapult careers. We hope you’ll stay at Primer for a long time, but we’ll help you achieve your goals no matter what. Many people have gone on to top-tiered companies like WhatsApp, Facebook, and Tesla beyond working with our leadership team.
- We are proud to have attracted a diverse team from all around the world. Our current team is based in the United States, Bosnia, Georgia, Pakistan, India, and Turkey. 50% of our product/engineering team is women.
- Our founders have a proven track record inside of startups (Y Combinator, Wheelhouse, Modsy, Eden) as well as decades of industry experience from places like BlackRock and Dropbox.
- Our culture is high-achieving, genuinely kind, and collaborative.
BENEFITS (VARIES BY LOCATION)
- Fully distributed team and flexible, remote work.
- Required 5 weeks paid time off.
- Retirement planning (401k)
- Generous parental and family leave.
- Comprehensive health plans.
- New equipment and office stipend.
- Support for personal and professional development outside of work.
- Annual team offsite.
- Diverse and fun team.
What is the interview process like?
We pride ourselves on being respectful of your time.
Stage 1: Introductory call with our Head of Sales (30 minutes)
Stage 2: Call with our CEO (30 minutes)
Stage 3: Take-home exercise which you’ll present during an hour long meeting with our Head of Sales, CEO, and Product Leader. We typically provide a decision within 24-48 hours from the last meeting, and aim to conclude the whole process within a week, provided that it works with your schedule.
What do I do now?
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, please apply by email at email@example.com, and include your LinkedIn profile, CV, or anything else that you think might give us a good sense of who you are.