What we are:
Primer is building a “Marketing OS” for B2B companies. Every B2B company wants to build a world class growth marketing machine, but few companies have the internal resources to stitch together the parts on their own. Primer empowers companies to build their go-to-market much faster without having to engineer an expensive system.
Our product lets users join together disparate datasets, connect siloed marketing and sales SaaS tools, and construct automated “playbooks” for customer acquisition.
We've been operating for only a little over a year but we’re already working with the fastest growing B2B brands (Rippling, Verkada, Ironclad, Brex, etc.). After quickly bootstrapping our way to almost $1M in revenue in our first year, Craft Ventures swooped in and led our seed. We’re also backed by the founders and early team members of Carta, Okta, Figma, Masterclass, Segment, Pilot.com, People.AI, Skyhigh, and others.
What we need:
Be the founder of the Product Design team. We’re looking for a world class product design lead who wants to build out a function. Our perfect person doesn’t believe that just because something is complex it shouldn’t be beautiful and intuitive.
We know what we want to build. We are going after a big market, we have proven there is a product that needs to be built, but we need a product design vision to bring that idea to life; someone who wants to do more than take direction and who will steer us towards the right design direction for the solution our users want us to build.
What you’ll do:
- Create new and engaging design product interfaces for a new category of software at the intersection of no-code SaaS and data infrastructure.
- Collaborate closely with team members from across engineering, product, and marketing, among others.
- Take full ownership of your work and total responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, from whiteboard sketching to high-fidelity final treatments.
- Rapidly produce multiple prototypes, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to quickly change paths and try another approach.
- Find elegant solutions to user problems, and think critically from the user perspective
- Simplify and cull design elements with a ruthless eye
Who you are:
- 3+ years experience leading product design in early stage companies, or UX ownership within an operating division of a scaled company
- A full stack designer: visual design, interaction design, and product thinking
- Be an enthusiastic, curious creator with the drive to make lots of things happen in a very early-stage environment
- You can think systematically about interface design patterns and don’t just solve solutions in a one-off way
- Be opinionated and passionate about serving our customers
- Elevate, challenge our thinking at all times in the name of the user.
- Have the “people drive” to be able to enter, connect with, and positively benefit communities relevant to Primer
- Communication skills to brainstorm initial design concepts and convince others of the reasoning behind your design work.
- Feel comfortable anticipating and designing for edge cases
- Have a strong personal design aesthetic
- Want to create elegant, calm designs that predict and exceed users’ expectations
- Understand the balance between perfect design and getting to market
- Exhibit kindness and humility in everyday interactions
Where’s the job:
We're a remote-first company, and we have employees in SF, DC, LA, Portland, India, and Europe.
Who’s the team:
Juan, Keith, Adam, Meg, Hank, Hrithu, and many more. 20+ employees from a diverse group of backgrounds that hail from more than 8 countries. 50% of our team is female and we’re committed to maintaining diversity. We could list our resumes but pedigree and pattern matching matter less to us than finding really good, really talented people.
Why join us?
Get in on the ground floor of that rarest of companies – an early stage high growth tech startup that already has a lot of revenue.
Our founders have a proven track record (Y Combinator, Dropbox, Lyric, Modsy, Eden)
Learn and build skills every day by constantly working with all divisions of the company and very closely with our CEO, Head of Sales, and Head of Growth.
Our culture is rare. We have ambitious goals but in a supportive environment (a lot of the team has young kids, we’re diverse, and we support a flexible schedule)
What’s the interview process like?
We’ll likely do a quick 30-minute phone call just to make sure we’re on the same page. We may ask for a peek at your portfolio too. After that, the interview is a 2-3 step process:
- A deep dive into your previous work experience (60m) with our Design Advisor
- Conversation with our CTO (30 min each)
- A whiteboard session where we brainstorm a solution together and 2 references.
Compensation and Benefits:
$150K - $200K salary and 0.40-1.0% equity.
Health, wellbeing, and time off
Primer offers top-of-the-line benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance. We also offer a required minimum of 3 weeks vacation and 10 observed holidays by country.
Primer makes it easy to save money for retirement. There’s also employer matching!
Primer’s Parental Leave offers biological, adoptive, and foster parents paid time off to spend quality time with family.
We believe in focus time so no meetings on Fridays.
You’ll receive all new equipment including a laptop, monitor, phone, and any other accessories you need to do your best work.
How do I get in touch?
You can email us: email@example.com & we’ll be in touch! If your resume and background appear like a good match, someone will reach out for an initial phone screen.