Who we're looking for
An extremely entrepreneurial product manager who values moving quickly.
This role is remote but requires availability during East Coast (USA) working hours and occasional travel.
Our product lets users join together disparate datasets, connect siloed marketing and sales SaaS tools, and construct automated “playbooks” for customer acquisition, leveraging the Modern Data Stack. The orchestration of these playbooks is complex and can only be done by mastering scalable APIs, ETLs, Reverse ETLs, distributed systems, and directed acyclic graphs (DAGs). We work with a modern technology stack (React/Node, Python) as well as cutting edge data technologies such as Prefect and dbt. Our systems processes terabytes daily and aim to provide sub-second response times to our customers’ queries and make batch processing behave like real-time.
After bootstrapping our way to almost $1M in revenue in our first year, Craft Ventures swooped in to lead our Series A in May 2022 as we continued to demonstrate consistent growth. Early team members of Carta, Okta, Figma, Masterclass, Segment, Pilot.com People.AI, and Skyhigh have also joined our investor network.
We are a small and dedicated, distributed team (~20 people), working on making advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to marketing and sales teams around the world. If you are fascinated by the software that powers large technology companies such as Dropbox, but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then working at Primer might be just the thing for you!
- Own a core part of Primer’s product
- Drive the execution of all processes in the product lifecycle, including product and market research, competitor analysis, planning, positioning, requirements and roadmap development, and product launch
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototyping and final development by engineering teams
- Create product strategy documents that describe business cases, high-level use cases, technical requirements, revenue, and ROI
- Analyze market data to develop sales strategies and define product objectives for effective marketing communications
- Collaborate closely with engineering, production, marketing, and sales teams in the development, QA, and release of products, and balance resources to ensure success for the entire organization
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates Primer across primary market segments
- Guide strategic research, partnership, and new market expansion
- Understand the industry and present business cases for major features, partnerships, or new integrations
- Do whatever it takes to make Primer succeed
What You’ll Need
- 3-5 years of product management or related industry experience in a SaaS business.
- Lead and drive products within the context of broader product goals, strategy, and roadmap.
- Incorporate data, research, and market analysis to inform product requirements.
- Proven success in overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle
- High effectiveness in managing cross-functional teams and experience engaging with senior engineering and business stakeholders.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, combined with strong presentation and public speaking skills
You’ll Succeed by Having
- Proactive and honest communication
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Experience working in distributed teams, using asynchronous ceremonies
- Experience working in an early-stage company.
- Experience defining vision and strategy for a sales or marketing product, such as a CRM or a marketing automation product.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in engineering, product design, or business.
Benefits (Varies by Location)
- Fully distributed team and flexible, remote work.
- Required 5 weeks paid time off.
- Generous parental and family leave.
- Comprehensive health plans.
- New equipment and office stipend.
- Support for personal and professional development outside of work.
- Annual team offsite.
- Diverse and fun team.
What is the Interview Process Like?
We pride ourselves on being respectful of your time. Our interview process starts with an introductory call with our CTO or Product Management Lead (30 minutes), followed by three sessions with members of our team who will assess you and your skills (30 minutes each) and a take-home case study. These can be scheduled back-to-back, if preferred, or split across different days. We typically provide a decision within 24-48 hours from the last meeting and aim to conclude the whole process within a week, provided that it works with your schedule.
What do I do now?
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, please apply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include your LinkedIn profile, CV, Github repos, or anything else that you think might give us a good sense of who you are.