This role is remote but requires availability during most US working hours.
Our product lets users join together disparate datasets, connect siloed marketing and sales SaaS tools, and construct automated “playbooks” for customer acquisition, leveraging the Modern Data Stack. Our systems processes terabytes daily and aim to provide sub-second response times to our customers’ queries and make batch processing behave like real-time.
After bootstrapping our way to almost $1M in revenue in our first year, Craft Ventures swooped in to lead our seed round in 2021 as we continued to demonstrate consistent 20.1% MoM growth. Early team members of Carta, Okta, Figma, Masterclass, Segment, Pilot.com, People.AI, and Skyhigh have also joined our investor network.
We are a small and dedicated, distributed team (~30 people), working on making advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to marketing and sales teams around the world. If you are fascinated by the software that powers large technology companies such as Dropbox, but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a working at Primer might be just the thing for you!
What you’ll do
- Develop cross-functional relationships with Design/Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Operations teams to handle complex projects that create solutions to business problems. Inform stakeholders of progress on product initiatives. Report on quarterly KPIs to C-level and how we’re tracking to them.
- Create and own roadmaps detailing where we are allocating time and resources in product development. Set clear goals and deadlines and take responsibility to meet them.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to discover and develop new features and functionalities that will improve our customer experience and achieve our business goals.
- Put the user front and center when delivering projects.
- Be the expert in the product and deeply understand customers and the business landscape through quantitative and qualitative techniques. This includes customer calls, surveys, product reviews, and competitive analysis in addition to other approaches. Validate assumptions as quickly and inexpensively as possible to optimally position the Primer product.
- Relentlessly advocate with unapologetically high standards to provide the best possible experience for the Primer product.
What you’ll need
- Over 6 years of relevant product management experience in a fast paced, high growth tech environment.
- A keen eye for usability and product development.
You’ll succeed by having
- Proactive and honest communication.
- Experience working in distributed teams, using asynchronous ceremonies.
- Pleasure working in areas outside of your comfort zone.
- Familiarity with marketing concepts and terminology.
- Self-discipline and high organization skills to consistently deliver quality work, with little supervision.
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a different sort of unicorn: an early stage startup focused on profitability with demonstrated, consistent revenue growth (20.1% MoM growth in 2021) that also provides a supportive environment for working families. Many of us have young kids and we prioritize work/life balance.
- Feel trusted. Our team is fully distributed, supports flexible schedules, and we spend 90% of our time outside of meetings. Fridays are free of meetings. We value outcomes, not face time.
- We invest in our team and catapult careers. We hope you’ll stay at Primer for a long time, but we’ll help you achieve your goals no matter what. Many people have gone on to top-tiered companies like WhatsApp, Facebook, and Tesla beyond working with our leadership team.
- We are proud to have attracted a diverse team from all around the world. Our current team is based in the United States, Bosnia, Georgia, Pakistan, India, and Turkey. 50% of our product/engineering team is women.
- Our engineering ceremonies and technology are world-class, putting engineers in the driver’s seat, and emphasize on transparency.
- Our founders have a proven track record inside of startups (Y Combinator, Wheelhouse, Modsy, Eden) as well as decades of industry experience from places like BlackRock and Dropbox.
- Our culture is high-achieving, genuinely kind, and collaborative.
BENEFITS (VARIES BY LOCATION)
- Fully distributed team and flexible, remote work.
- Required 5 weeks paid time off.
- Retirement planning (401k)
- Generous parental and family leave.
- Comprehensive health plans.
- New equipment and office stipend.
- Support for personal and professional development outside of work.
- Annual team offsite.
- Diverse and fun team.
What is the interview process like?
We pride ourselves on being respectful of your time. Our interview process starts with an introductory call with our CTO (30 minutes), followed by a single half day session with members of our product team who will assess you and your skills. That’s it! We typically provide a decision within 24-48 hours from the last meeting, and aim to conclude the whole process within in a week, provided that it works with your schedule.
What do I do now?
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, please apply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include your LinkedIn profile, CV, Github repos, or anything else that you think might give us a good sense of who you are.